Portable vaporizers have become a ‘go-to’ device for vape users. With vaporization starting with desktop units with hoses or balloons, it was evident that vaping would soon become the norm. However, it was only when the heavy-hitting portable like the Storz & Bickel mighty was launched through no compromise that vaping came to the limelight.
However, as innovation became the order of the day, the devices shrunk, with their design becoming bigger. Vapes like the original Arizer solo, Pax Labs, and firefly were at the forefront of this innovation. Although compromises in the vapor were less than expected, the devices became objects that were no bigger than a cola can, something portable.
What is a portable vaporizer?
Portable vaporizers are small, they are portable devices that allow for the ingestion of dry herb and wax concentrates when on the go. These vape devices are becoming increasingly common as a safe and easy way to vape. However, they are more than just portable. With high-capacity batteries, integrated heating systems, and temperature control capabilities, they leverage great strength within their stealthy-sized frames. These portable units are one of the most common forms of handheld vapes due to their remarkably feature-rich design.
Vaporizers come in many shapes and sizes
Whatever you want to vape, you should make sure you have the correct devices before you begin. Many times, word of mouth is helpful. However, when it comes to vape, you must remember your personal needs, which might vary from those of your mates. Let’s look at the various kinds of vaporizers for rookies.
The main types of vaporizers
Most professional vapers choose one of these four primary types of vaporizers; they are:
- Box Mods
- Pocket Vapes
- Pen Vaporizers
Based on what you are looking for, they each have different benefits. What you expect to get out of your vaporizer would, of course, be decided by what you are shopping for. For instance, Canadian Vaporizers – Dry Herb Vaporizer Canada serves an entirely different purpose than a conventional pocket vapes. One is meant for dry herbs, and the other is for liquid herbs.
These are more sophisticated than the other three, and as a result, they may not be appropriate for beginners. Nonetheless, they are not notably harder to understand and can have certain advantages that others cannot. You can personalize them, ensuring you can maximize the volume of vapour you inhale with each inhale. They have customizable settings as well as a bigger battery. As a result, they will typically go for longer periods between charges, making them an enticing choice. The temperature and power of these vaporizers differ depending on the device, but some allow you to regulate the temperature and intensity.
Pocket vapes are by far the most compact and user-friendly vaporizers. They may be as small as you want, but the bigger pens are roughly the size of a cigar. The battery would be less potent than other options, but it will be economical to get started with vaping. All of them would remain rechargeable and flexible. This means you’ll be able to vape dried herbs, waxes, and oils.
As the name suggests, Pen vapes resemble pens but may come in various shapes and sizes. They are made up of two parts: the battery and the atomizer. Vape pens with variable voltage and temperature control are available. It is thought to be the best form of vaporizer for beginners because it is quick to use while still efficient. They are a common choice with a better flavour than e-cigarettes and seem to be a little sturdier.
An e-cigarette is a plain vaporizer; however, it has come a long way from its inception. They are much smaller, need more regular refilling, do not emit as much vapor, and the battery does not last as long as a fully charged vape case.
These are also known as the tabletop vaporizer; these devices are supposed to be stationary. Desktop vaporizers are typically larger and would have to be plugged into a power source.
There are two primary types of desktop vaporizers, they are;
Forced air vapes: These are also known as ‘balloon vape’; this device pushes hot air throughout the chamber and collects vapor in the balloon bag, where the vapor can be routed to the connected whips and mouthpieces.
Whip Style Vapes: This type looks like a traditional hookah and also has a simple design. They have a chamber, heating element, want, whip and mouthpiece.
The right vaporizer for you
Several cannabis users have begun to use vaporizers, and the industry is now filled with them. If you try to find one online, you’ll be bombarded with hundreds of results. And if you’re in the real world, daily cigarette shops have hundreds of different types at various price points.
With so many choices in front of you, it can seem not easy to select only one. Fortunately, you can take a few approaches to narrow down your options and find your ideal match. Here are a few pointers that would help you make an informed decision:
The vaporizer types
Many people are only aware of the kinds of vapes that can be kept in your pocket. However, much like computers, there are portable and desktop alternatives.
- Desktop vaporizers: Desktop vapes may not be seen as often as portable models, but they are more likely to be recognized. First and foremost, they stand out for their styles, which often resemble miniature high-tech towers. Desktop vapes are also great for group settings because they mean that everyone gets toasted without having to wait too long. As we’ll see later, these can be very expensive, but choosing the right one is still worthwhile.
- Vape Pen: There’s something to be said about portability, no matter how excellent a desktop vape is. Sure, pipes and bubblers are “portable,” however glass will crack in transit, and smoking a pipe or bubbler outdoors can get you strange looks. On the other hand, vape pens work in your pocket and are more durable than joints or glass. You’ll even blend in a while vaping outdoors because they look just like e-cigarettes.
- Portable Vape: Finally, there is the possibility of a portable vape, which sits between those two realms. Technically, vape pens are portable, but we’re talking about more rugged ones built to achieve improved performance. Instead of being built like pens, they take on heavier, boxier shapes. Those shapes aren’t selected at random since bulkier vapes are often much more efficient than their pen equivalents.
What are you vaping?
If you’ve decided on the kind of vaporizer you want—i.e., where you’ll be vaping—it’s now time to think about what you’ll be vaping. Are you more of a flower person, or do you like concentrates? Perhaps you’d like to have both choices available? With today’s vaping technology, it is possible.
- Flower: Vaping cannabis flower brings a new spin to traditional practice.
- Concentrates: As good as the flower is, nothing beats a hit of a potent concentrate. You’ll be stored in a matter of seconds, and the absence of plant matter makes things easier on the lungs.
- Hybrids: Some days will call for bud, and others will call for concentrates. In that case, we recommend one of the many excellent hybrid vaporizers available. As you would expect, hybrid vapes have extraordinary chambers filled with either flower or concentrate.
When it comes to vape, most people are ignorant of the value of the heating process. And if both of the above strategies are called vaping, there are significant variations between them.
- Conduction: Conduction would be more natural to those transitioning from smoking to vaping. This is when a heating apparatus is in contact with the herb or concentrate.
- Convection: Convection, on the other hand, does not require much contact with the heating equipment and the herb or concentrate. Instead, the vapor is formed by hot air circulating through and around the substance you’re smoking.
- Hybrid: You don’t have to choose between the two heating systems if you believe they all have advantages. Some vapes, for example, use both convection and conduction mechanisms to provide you with a smooth but efficient vaping experience.
In Conclusion, if you want to use a portable vaporizer, go with an herbal vaporizer if you’re looking for an alternative way to get medicated without having to smoke.